Malaysia: Tourist finds dead dolphin

INTAN AMALINA MOHD ALI The Star 4 Oct 15;

GEORGE TOWN: A tourist who had never seen a live dolphin in her life had the misfortune of coming across a dead one off the Tanjung Bungah coast here.

The tourist from Kazakhstan, who wanted to be known only as Zhanar, 28, said she was walking along the beach when she saw a large object at about noon yesterday.

“I went a little closer for a look and saw it was a dolphin, a creature which I’ve only seen on television.

“I could see that some of its skin had peeled off. I then ran back to the hotel and informed the staff about my find,” she said, adding that the staff later arranged for the carcass to be removed.

Zhanar said that coming from an inland country meant she had never seen a dolphin before.

“It was sad seeing the carcass and I actually feel a little traumatised thinking about it,” she said.