Malaysia: Sky lanterns almost set wooden house ablaze

Compiled by ROYCE TAN, NG SI HOOI and R. ARAVINTHAN The Star 27 Feb 16;

A WOODEN house in Bukit Baru, Malacca almost caught fire when three traditional Chinese sky lantern fell on its rooftop, China Press reported.

The residents, who were gathering outside their houses to celebrate Chap Goh Meh, were shocked to see flames coming out from the lanterns, which are also known as kungming lanterns.

Several of them quickly took down the lanterns and put out the flames.

It was believed that the lanterns were put up by three families as their family names and wishes were on the lanterns.

Some people believe their dreams come true when they release their lanterns into the sky.

A resident slammed their actions, saying it would cause fires if the lanterns accidently dropped on flammable objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment