Spring Bay Australian Mussels recalled due to contamination

AVA confirms that the products were imported into Singapore, but says the importer has completed the recall of the implicated products from the market.
Channel NewsAsia 21 Mar 16;

SINGAPORE: Selected batches of Spring Bay Australian Mussels have been recalled due to contamination with a biotoxin known as Diarrhetic Shellfish Toxins, the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) said on Monday (Mar 21).

In a media release, AVA said Food Standards Australia and New Zealand issued an alert and that it has since confirmed that affected Spring Bay Australian Mussels were imported into Singapore.

The importer has completed the recall of the implicated products from the Singapore market, it said.

"Consumers who have purchased the implicated products with the stated use by dates are advised not to consume it. Consumption of products contaminated with Diarrhetic Shellfish Toxins may cause diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, chills and abdominal pain," AVA said.

It urged those who have consumed affected products should seek medical advice of they have concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment